Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sketchbook Shinannigans!

Work from my sketchbook was integral to my curriculum this semester. Up until this point, I mostly used my sketchbook to hash out compositional thumbnails for bigger pieces, practice through my own sketches of other people's work, and for general rough sketches. This semester I took Illustration Word and Image from sketchbook luminary Kurt Hollomon. It has been YEARS since I created any complete compositions of my own in my sketchbook, so I wanted to display here some of the pieces from my sketchbook this semester that I was especially happy with.

My version of a Tara McPherson piece, acrylic

Still Life. Simple, but I like it. Ink.

Portrait of Aleister Crowley, ink

Another portrait of Aleister Crowley, goauche

experiment in naturalistic illustration, goauche and micron

The only drawing I have made start to finish with only ink, no graphite preliminary sketching!

No comments:

Post a Comment