Monday, May 24, 2010

Holy Updates! aka Painting Final from Last Semester



Oh My God, this blog is waaaayyyy overdue to be updated. Professor Kurt Hollomon strongly disapproves!!!! Well, as per his suggestions, I will do my best to keep this thing current.

I will start this mad barrage of updating with my Illustration Painting Final from last semester. I know, that was last December, but I didn't get the thing back 'til February... and then I got busy. MOVING RIGHT ALONG!

I created a prototype of an illustrated bestiary, specifically about creatures from Anglo-American folklore. 

This is an accordion book, the cover created from illustration board and book cloth. Each illustration was 4"x4", with a little description and background info next to each creature.
















I believe the Jackalope needs no introduction. Fear him, he thirsts for your blood.















Ogopogo, the famous lake monster from British Colombia. For reference I used an image of an albino alligator and an image of a white eel.

























And my favorite, the Wampus Cat. Obscure, cursed cat-woman from Native American mythology.







No comments:

Post a Comment