Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Commercial Illustration test run


This illustration was for Illustration Word and Image. The assignment was to draw the commons at PNCA from observation, then take on of the model drawings we had down from class and superimpose it in the commons drawing. Then we were to tie it all together, with color and/or text if necessary to create a complete illustration. I found this assignment especially challenging as it is so far from the stuff that I normally due. Thankfully I have few issues drawing from observation.


To make a long story short, I drew the commons, drew the model, used light washes of gouache for color, inked in all of the contours, and then tied all of the empty spaces together by putting text over them. 


The text is totally irrelevant, I used the poem The Human Abstract by William Blake, and then as an extra something I wrote "BEESTICKS: what secrets do you hold?" in the background.


The Human Abstract
Illustration Studio I Spring 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment