Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Portrait of an Artist: Amanda F. Palmer


For this assignment, we were supposed to create a portrait of an artist, preferably someone we are inspired by. I chose Amanda Palmer, as her music has been very important to me since I started school. I wanted to create a pretty, naturalistic portrait of Amanda, but I wanted to add a slight collage element to the piece.

I painted Amanda and her keyboard on good drawing paper, cut them out with an exacto blade, created the background with goauche, wrote the typography with white color pencil, and attached it all together. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I wrote down the second stanza of "Astronaut" that I wrote it in the incorrect order. Oh well, I will fix this in photoshop before I send this off to Amanda Palmer :)

 Amanda Palmer, goauche and mixed-media
Illustration Studio I Spring 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment